BioCorneum plus SPF30 (50 grams)
What is It?
BioCorneum is the only 100% silicone scar treatment with SPF 30 UV protection ingredients. BioCorneum hydrates the scarred area and creates an environment which allows the scar to mature through normal collagen synthesis cycles and improve the physiological and cosmetic apperance of the scar.
What is it used for?
BioCorneum is used for the prevention and management of raised, red scars (hypertrophic) and keloids. BioCorneum patented silicone gel may be used on scars resulting from cosmetic and surgical procedures (MOHS Procedure, Breast Augmentation, Abdominoplasty), trauma, wounds, and burns and is effective on both old and new scars
- Exclusive - Only 100% silicone scar treatment with SPF 30 UV protection ingredients, which helps with discoloration and redness casued by sun exposure on the scar area.
- Protective Barrier - Self dries to form a transparent, flexible sheet within 4 to 5 minutes
- Softens and flattens raised scars
- Reduces redness and discoloration
- Added Bonus - Relieves associated itch and discomfort
- Waterproof - Very water resistant
- Makeup friendly - Cosmetics may be applied once dry
- Versatile - Ideal for the face, neck, chest, hands, and any other area exposed to the sun
- Flexible - May be used on flexures, joints, irregular surfaces, as well as large area scars
- Compatible - Can be used in conjunction with pressure garments or any other treatment option
How is it used?
Once your sutures are removed, start applying a thin layer of BioCorneum twice daily for twelve weeks. If your skin has a tendency to form raised, red scars or keloids, you may want to conitnue to use BioCorneum for six months to a year.
- Listed below are the steps to properly use BioCorneum to increase its effectiveness.
- Ensure the affected area is clean and dry
- Apply BioCorneum to the area in a very thin layer and allow to dry completely. Approximatley 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once dry, BioCorneum can be covered with cosmetics or compression garments
- Stick to the twice daily treatment schedule consistently every day, making sure that BioCorneum is in contact with your scar 24 hours a day.
- If BioCorneum has not dried within 5 minutes, you have probably used too much. Gently remove the excess and allow the drying process to continue.
- New Scars: Recommended minimum treatment time for new scars is 60 to 90 days.
- Older Scars: Recommended minimum treatment time for older scars is 90 days.
- BioCorneum is suitable for use on children
- BioCorneum is suitable for us with people with sensitive skin
- Fragrance-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free and noncomedogenic
Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5.0%, Octocrylene 10%, Oxybenzone 6.0%
Polysiloxanes, Silicon Dioxide, Isopropyl Myristate