Strataderm is a rapidly drying, non-sticky, transparent gel formulation for the management of scars, both old and new as well as for the management of abnormal and excessive scar formation, in the form of hypertrophic scars and keloids. Strataderm was developed for use on all types of scars including those resulting from general surgery, trauma, chronic wounds, burns, or bites.
What is it?
Strataderm scar therapy gel
What is it used for?
Strataderm is used to soften and flatten raised scars, relieve the itching and discomfort of scars, as well as reduce redness and discoloration associated with scars. Has been developed to be compatible with all kinds of scars-- general surgery, trauma wounds, chronic wounds keloid, burns, bites, acne and scars from other skin diseases
How is it used?
Apply to wound once daily. The wound must be closed (no bleeding). The recommended timeframe is a minimum of 60-90 days, depending on the size and nature of the wound. Strataderm dries to form a silicone gel sheet, a protective layer that is gas permeable and waterproof which hydrates and protects scars from chemical and microbial invasion, allowing scars to normalize the collagen synthesis cycles, producing a normal mature scar.
- Treats The Following:
- Reduce redness and discoloration for old scars and new scars
- Softens & flattens raised scars
- Relieves itching & discomfort of scars
- Reduces redness & discoloration
- Prevents abnormal and excessive scar formation
- Suitable For These Skin Types: All skin types including sensitive skin
- Active Ingredients: Polydimethylsiloxanes, Siloxanes, Alkylmethyl Silicones
- Skin Care: Scar gel
- Application Area:
- Ideal for any irregular skin or scar surfaces, the face, moving parts (joints, flexures) and any size of scar
- Can be used on visible skin, not covered by clothing e.g. face
- Make-up can be used over Strataderm, to camouflage the scar
- Can be used on hairy skin areas
Polydimethylsiloxanes, Siloxanes, Alkylmethyl Silicones
Stratpharma’s dermatology team has many years of international experience in the dermatological therapeutic franchise with a current focus on scars. These products for scar management and abnormal scar prevention can be used alone or in combination with other more invasive therapies.
Stratpharma, in conjunction with its development partners, is extending its focus by developing a range of innovative products for topical dermatology. These new products will extend upon the immediate focus on scar and late stage wound healing. Using patented polymer technology, these products will deliver significant benefits to patients through ease of use, greater activation of API’s, safety and stability profiles as well as advances in gas permeability occlusion and protection.